Surveillance Station 8.0
Streamline your surveillance experience
Introducing significantly improved performance and efficiency with the new desktop client, optimized user experience with multiple streaming technology, and flexible failover support dedicated for surveillance systems to maximize service uptime and minimize hardware investment.
Surveillance Station Client
Size, font, and icons on the browser-based interface will be adjusted automatically according to individual display settings. Set custom aspect ratio on the desktop client, and enhance monitoring and management on high resolution displays.
Multiple streaming technology
Bring surveillance efficiency to the next level with multiple streaming and smart recording.
Refined monitoring experience
When watching multiple channels on small windows, live feeds will be adjusted to lower resolution.
When watching a specific event in a big window, the live feed will be adjusted to the highest resolution.
Maximizing storage utilization
Advanced action rule
Flexible installation: One recording server can pair with one or more failover servers; likewise, one failover server can pair with more than one recording server.
Each recording server has to be paired with a passive server via Synology high-availability to achieve server redundancy.
Failover settings based on your needs
- Users can define the conditions that will trigger failover automatically.
- Manual failover can be performed at any time, without readjusting the automatic failover setting.
- The failover server can either take over the entire recording server’s live view, recording tasks, and all the other services, or only take over live view services.
Recordings failback or replacing servers
Once the malfunction server recovers, the failover server will perform the failback process, moving the recordings, snapshots, and data during the time when initial server is under maintenance, so that all recordings will be centralized at the same place. If the initial server cannot be recovered, failover server can be set up to replace the initial server on the CMS structure.
The Next generation codec
ACAP plug-ins support
- Pop-up Video Notification: events that match pre-defined criteria will be automatically displayed on the Live View panel in the form of a pop-up video notification.
- Passive Infrared (PIR) detection support: Detected events are recorded and highlighted on the interface See all the PIR-enabled cameras here.
- Download selected recording: Choose to download specific parts of the recording, maximizing storage utilization.
- AXIS® Camera Application Platform (ACAP) is an open platform for users to install supplementary applications on Axis® network cameras.
- Some of the features on Surveillance Station are not yet available on the VS360HD. Learn more.